Saturday, January 4, 2014

A New Year's Secret


It’s a new year! Time for beginnings, make changes, and celebrate. Ok, well the celebrations may be technically over, at least for most of you. I'll be celebrating for another reason, soon. (;))

Most people write about goals and resolutions in January. I prefer not to. However, I will make one point about it and leave it at that. Do you wish to know a secret? (Well, my secret as I made it up just recently.)

I just discovered this and I’m so excited to share it with you! Start your resolution before the new year. Yes, that’s right. You read that correctly. One possibility is to start after Christmas (for those of you who celebrate it) or even on Boxing Day. Just a few days from the old year and then you’re (al)ready into the new year practicing your due diligence whatever it is.

You may not beat yourself up so much if you stray from your goal(s) or resolution(s). Be gentle with yourself instead. You can always choose to return to it. It’s never too late! And my sense is that it may be easier to stick to.

Why not challenge yourself (as I will) and see what happens. Track or record if you wish. However, there’s no one to report to about this, not even me! ;)


p.s. I prefer to set intentions rather than goals or resolutions. I like the word and feeling of it. It seems less damaging to one’s psyche if it’s “broken.”


No comments:

Post a Comment