Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lunar Effects


Photo courtesy of Roberto Kaplan Designs

Yesterday, I said that the moon affects our emotions. The Spiritual Research Foundation has a lot to say about this:

One of the various points they mention on the affect of the moon on humans: "The frequencies emanating from the Moon affect the frequencies of the mental body, i.e. mind of human beings. By ‘mind’ we mean our feelings, emotions and desires. The mind consists of the conscious mind and the sub-conscious mind. Within the sub-conscious mind we have a number of impressions that are embedded that decide our basic nature and personality. We are however not aware of the thoughts or impressions in our sub-conscious mind. These impressions get collected over a number of lifetimes." (I pause here as you may not believe in past lives. If that's the case, ask yourself how the above can relate to you in this lifetime.)

They go on to say: "These impressions in our mind are the catalysts for all our thoughts and subsequent actions. Both the impressions and our thoughts have their own subtle-frequencies.’." (http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/spiritualscience/spiritualeffectofmoon_on_man)

Both Rumi and Michael Jackson - I compared them in a few recent posts - were lovers of the moon, both waxing poetically about it One rendition of Rumi's:
At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face against mine.
Breathe into me.
Close the language-door
and open the love-window.
The moon won't use the door,
only the window
.
Michael Jackson wrote "Dance of Life," a poem that describes how the moon affects him: "I cannot escape the moon. Its soft beams push aside the curtains at night. I don't even have to see it — a cool blue energy falls across my bed and I am up. I race down the dark hall and swing open the door, not to leave home but to go back into it. "Moon, I'm here!" I shout..." Check out the rest of his prose poem below this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L95EkNS4TBk

To be continued...

7 comments:

  1. I do believe in the concept of the moon affecting our behavior and actions. In fact psychiatrists have noted an escalation of mental illnesses on full moon days.
    Very interesting read Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On July 16, I originally wrote you (but forgot to hit "reply" so you can read it!) as follows: "I'm curious about that as I noticed something interesting more towards the new moon than the full moon. Maybe it's the reverse? Or both? I'm going to take a pulse on the situation in the next few months and get back to you. Thanks Vinodini." :) <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in the man in the moon, ghosts and such. Rumi's The Guest House is my favourite poem. The moon must have been working its magic on us last night, no? :-)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily, I initially responded to you on July 16th (but didn't hit "reply" so you didn't get my response!). I wrote as follows, "Yes, that very well could be Lily (just saw your name there.) Did you read more from the link I posted above from the Spiritual Research Foundation? I think you'll like that: enjoy!" :) <3

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete