Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Heat Wave


This past week-and-a-half (if I recall correctly) was a pretty darn hot week with relatively humid days, on and off.

Some people seem to love the heat and soak up the sun like, well, like citrus fruit (growing) on trees. Me: I find it way too intense. I swear I melt, literally, like ice cream on a hot day, dripping over the edges. Where is my headband?!

Is the sun getting hotter, more intense? Is humidity worsening: are there more days that are humid? After all, I don't recall Vancouver, British Columbia being humid when I first moved here over 20 years ago. Or did I simply forget or overlook that? Am I just imagining that it is or seems to be intensifying?

Could it be that, perhaps, if you believe the philosophy of what you focus on expands or intensifies, that we collectively, that is, as a collective conscious, created that heat wave? I realize this might push your buttons and make you feel uncomfortable as I am going outside the box with these questions; however, do know that there are universal laws or principles that exist and refer to this very belief. There have been a number of books published on this very subject over the last two or three centuries at least.

Some of these books written by "new thought movement" writers include - check them out if you wish to explore this subject further - As a Man Thinketh by James Allen (originally published in 1902), The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles (in 1910), and Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich (1937). I'm familiar with those books as I read them years ago, except for Wallace's book.

The Secret, a film that was borne out of these books on 'the law of attraction' came out in 2006, with a book of the same name in the following year.

Ponder these questions: Is global warming a reality or just a theory? Did Al Gore, former USA presidential candidate start a movement, unbeknownst to him, analagous to y2k, the software problem in the impending year of 2000, in which society believedin the impending doom of computer failures?

Could we individually and/or better yet collectively, change events such as this from happening in the first place? This is a tall-order question I realize, though I do believe we can. I have witnessed first-hand, albeit so far by ear, accounts where miracles occur of healing the environment. If we can do it for the human body, why can't we do it for our planet body, Mother Earth? Hmmm?

What do you think/make of all this? Is this the first time you are hearing something of this nature? How does it make you feel? What else do you need to know or what would you like to know in order to make an informed decision?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting theory! I have always believed that the power of the mind can do amazing things, but usually I have looked more at achieving our goals or even healing our own bodies....... changing the world collectively? why not? We see what our mind perceives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our hottest day so far this year yesterday, it was 30 odd degrees, I like warmth but this was just too hot and you couldn't sit out in it and today it is muggy and over cast and probably lots of people in the UK asked for it to be cooler today so maybe it is possible x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly, this is indeed a great thought. Using the law of attraction to bring some good to our planet. The way things are going, we really should do something for our mother earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa, Rachel, and Vinodini for your comments. I only propose a theory (mine), though using universal laws such as the law of attraction properly, why not? Intention and attention is everything. :) <3

    ReplyDelete