Friday, July 11, 2014

Whirling like a Dervish? (like Michael Jackson?!)


Photo of MJ by Zoran Veselinovic



The above video highlights some of the "King of Pop", Michael Jackson's spins over the years. And following below is an enlightening poem, dancing the dream written by Michael Jackson - yes, he wrote poetry - about his dancing.

http://bluemoon.fem.jp/dancing/main_e/dancing_1e.html

Do you notice how this poem seems to describe Sufi dancing (if you are a bit familiar with the depth of it), not to mention that his style of poetry is very much like that of Rumi? It is perhaps no wonder then that Michael used to read Sufi poetry and performed his own version of twirls and whirls, though he had his own style, his own spin on it! ;) Couldn't resist that pun! (Info from Michael Jackson: Man Behind the Mirror written by Raamayan Ananda, a man I know from Vancouver, British Columbia. Check out his book at (http://manbehindthemirror.com/).

Next we will look at another interesting aspect...to be continued, tomorrow?

What kind of things do you notice in our world that whirl? What does the spinning symbolically represent to you?

12 comments:

  1. This posting was inspired by a recent book launch of Michael Jackson: Man Behind the Mirror written by Raamayan Ananda. Though I've read about half of it thus far, it is a fascinating read as a lot - most? - people did not know who he truly was. Michael was an extremely spiritual man with powerful messages to/for the world. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...how did never notice his twirls before this? I got to get my hands on that book...sounds interesting!
    Right now I relate to twirling with the fan that's whirring above me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a number of videos on his spins: they're fun to see and hear! :) And yeah, the book is incredible too: it opened my eyes and heart to a completely different Michael. He was a most remarkable, extraordinary, phenomenal man. And the book is not a biography of him at all. It is not a traditional book per se. Enjoy! :) <3

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have been a great MJ fan, but he did know how to spin it. What's sad is that we tend to judge a people, particularly celebs, based on how the media portray them forgetting that deep down inside the are people like the rest of us. HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, thanks for your comment. I appreciate it as it is always good to hear from the "other side" so-to-speak.

      Yes, MJ certainly did know how to spin: did you watch that video?! And yes, the general public tend to oftentimes believe what the media portrays which is often skewed.

      You may not have been a fan of MJ; however, reading this book might change your mind though - not that you have to, of course - as he was an empath, his basic message was 'love', he wrote poetry, donated millions to charities, visited children in hospitals, and I could go on; however, I do not want to give too much of the book away.

      Some of his videos are extremely powerful in a good way, i.e., sending certain messages to the world.

      Hugs back! :) <3

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Elly, Such a wonderful share! I really didnt know these aspects of Jackson... thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm glad you learned a different and truer side of him that most people don't. And thanks for reading. I hope you will consider reading the book. It's amazing and actually quite spiritual in nature...I think you will enjoy it! :) <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks Asma. Truly, I didn't either until I read the wonderful book I mentioned in my post. Definitely worth a read: it's not what you would think or imagine it to be! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for recommending this book elly. I am surely going to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Cynthia: I think you will really enjoy it. I would be interested to know what you think of it: you can IM me if you like. :) <3

      Delete