Sunday, October 12, 2014

A List of Thanks


(Clipart picture)

Since this weekend and tomorrow officially is Thanksgiving weekend in my part of the world, I thought a list of thanks are in order.

In no particular order of importance, just what comes to me spontaneously that I'm grateful for:

1. my parents whom I know love me and support me in the best way they know how
2. my home, albeit it is somewhat messy at the moment primarily with papers and the like, there is no place like home to put up your feet so-to-speak or literally in my case as of late
3. quiet and peace at night when I usually blog and during the day generally speaking where I live
4. my senses where I can see, hear, smell, taste, and touch
5. a 'whole' body, i.e., having arms, legs, feet, toes, arms, hands, fingers to navigate me through the world
6. my skills: those that I know of and those that I may not know of yet!
7. my friends here in my part of the world and in the 'other' part of the world (Indie bloggers) as well as all of you who read my blog and/or comment...I truly appreciate it! Thank you!
8. a good, kind, and gentle heart - though I'm generally not mean-spirited - I'm not perfect! - I do strive to be authentic and true to my heart, my true nature...speaking of which...
9. nature, especially trees which I love as well as colourful blossoms of flowers, even plants, and grass (the latter primarily when green) ;)
10. my blog and the opportunity to do so, to express myself, my thoughts and ideas etc.
11. the seasons which make you appreciate the ones you love even more (mine being Spring then autumn)
12. Thanksgiving Day and weekend to give thanks to others, God/Spirit for all that I do have: abundance in comparison to many others

What are you most grateful for today and/or in general?

Linking this to Write Tribe (http://writetribe.com/write-a-list/)

12 comments:

  1. Lovely list Elly. This is a great idea - making a list of thanks yous. Makes you realise there is so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tulika though I could probably list at least 100 items if not more. It's not only the big things but the little things that count too. :) <3

      Delete
  2. a delighful read. I agree no matter how messy, I am too grateful for my home :D the place where I can relax after a day's work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Rajlakshmi as I was considering removing the part about the mess. ;) Home should ideally be a sanctuary, a place to escape from a day's work and stresses. Thanks for sharing! :) <3

      Delete
  3. Lovely list Elly :) Though these all seem like small things, when we pay attention, makes us realize how lucky we are to have been blessed with these comforts of life :)

    http://swathishenoy.blogspot.in/2014/10/different-types-of-lecturers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting perspective Swathi as I see most of my list as being big things, though perhaps interpreted differently it may be small for some. ;) And indeed, we are blessed with so much including the necessities and comforts of life! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely list Elly! It is the little moments of joy that make life beautiful no? And practicing gratitude makes everything ten times better! Have a great week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adita. Yes, sometimes it is the little things in life that can bring so much joy and comfort to one's heart. The practice of gratitude is ideal in that it brings attention to what we already have and amplifies it whether ten-fold or more! :) <3.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful list! So much for which to be grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel, and yes, that is only the tip of the iceberg of gratitude! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. Elly this is brilliant! It is the small little things which matter the most in our life. We can not survive without them. I fully agree with your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Usha. ;) I don't know if it is 'brilliant' though...it just came off the top of my head as I was typing. However, the small things do matter the most sometimes don't they? Thanks! :) <3

      Delete