Saturday, July 11, 2015

Quote Challenge Day 3: Quotes are mine!


Hazy smoke-filled sky (photo by me)

I have a number of phrases that I often say. I consider them quotes, my (own) quotes! Thus, I will feature different ones for three days as part of this challenge.

One thing I often say is: "There are pros and cons to everything" or similarly, "Everything has its pros and cons."

You cannot appreciate the sun without the rain, the warmth without the cold, etc. This actually makes me think of the hazy atmospheric conditions we have been experiencing lately in Vancouver and surrounding areas as there have been many wildfires in parts of BC.

Now after about four or five days, we are finally experiencing some cloudy skies and even some cooler weather and some sun (this afternoon). Let me tell you, I SO appreciated seeing the clouds today as it was a sign that there was no more haze or smells of fire, at least for now!

Vancouver area is known for its rainy season. When it rains, it rains! And oftentimes "raining cats and dogs" for hours and seemingly days on end at times! This occurs primarily during the late fall to mid-to-late spring.

The past year or two, I have started responding to people complaining about the weather that "It's better than ...." [fill in the blank]. For example, "I'd rather have rain, than a hurricane or flood" or something along those lines.

I recommend appreciating what you have now, if possible, for things could be worse. Bless the rains that come that give life to our land and life to us through food as well as for wildlife: trees, etc. as well as birds and animals.

Can you think of something 'good' about something 'bad?' Feel free to give an example.

**************************************************************************************
I have more quotes that I would love to share! Can I share them (with you) anyway?! Ok, just one? ;) This is one that I say from time to time:

"There will always be people who love you and those who hate you. You can't please everyone. It's best to just please yourself."

**************************************************************************************

I have been nominated for this challenge by Parul Kashyap Thakur, Shilpa Garg, and Usha Menon.

This is what the 3-Day Quote Challenge is all about.

1. Post one of your favorite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own.
2. Nominate 3 bloggers to challenge them.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

Since the BAR (Blog-A-Rhythm) community that I am involved with have already been nominated already from what I understand, I will skip the nominations. However, if anyone is interested, feel free to pick up the challenge in case you haven’t already received it.

8 comments:

  1. perfect quote and picture to match! indeed, every pro has a con!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLP! :) Yes indeed regarding pros and cons! ;) Thanks for your remarks. <3

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, things could always be worse! One of my favourite expressions as well, Elly. Weighing pros and cons is the best way to make a decision, in my opinion also. Another pet expression: "Whatever doesn't kill you,makes you stronger". ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things could always be worse and things are better what they seem at times too! ;) I sometimes do weigh the pros and cons, especially to big decisions - thanks for sharing that as that is a great example Debbie! :) <3

      Delete
  3. in our race to get the best in life we often forget what we already have. Beautiful quote and thoughts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so easy to see the grass greener on the other side at times, isn't it? ;) Thanks for your comment Raj! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Wow, Elly! :) amazing challenge, amazing quotes, and an amazing attitude to life! YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING PERSON!

    You know! Just last night or the night before that, I was thinking along the same lines! As to how we wouldn't appreciate light without dark, good without bad and happiness without gloom! Strange, but it's the nexus of difficulties and comfort that make us humane :) "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank Asiya, you make me blush with all your amazings! You are too kind and sweet. :) Great minds think alike in terms of thinking along the same lines and around the same time! ;) <3

      Delete